One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A soft, mild Italian cream cheese.
- ‘Serve it cold, tepid or warm with mascarpone, Greek yoghurt, ice cream, crème fraîche and/or real custard.’
- ‘Beat the ricotta and mascarpone together then stir in the grated pecorino and cheddar.’
- ‘In a large bowl, combine the lobster purée, shallot, butter, and mascarpone.’
- ‘With natural creaminess from mascarpone, cream cheese and crème fraîche, it is thick and luscious.’
- ‘In a small bowl, combine onion juice with mascarpone and chives.’
- ‘Season it with lime juice, add a bit of mascarpone and crème fraîche to give it body and you are away.’
- ‘The caramelised apples and vanilla bean mascarpone with pecan and maple syrup pudding was a real sticky winter treat.’
- ‘So what we do to keep it more natural is to use mascarpone or crème fraîche as a thickening agent instead.’
- ‘Beat together the lemon curd, mascarpone and fromage frais until smooth.’
- ‘Add the mascarpone and heavy cream to the skillet.’
- ‘Plain or flavored yogurt, quark, cottage cheese, beaten mascarpone or ricotta could be substituted for the fromage blanc.’
- ‘Although crème fraîche and mascarpone are both classified as soft, unripened cheeses, they are made by a process similar to yoghurt.’
- ‘I simply served fig halves with plain mascarpone cheese with a few fresh grinds of black pepper, and it made indeed a sublime dessert.’
- ‘We've replaced the buttery mascarpone with fresh, tangy cheese made from nonfat yogurt.’
- ‘The spiced wine sauce was incredibly aromatic, highly nuanced thanks to the mixture of spices, and made a great match to the soft dates and creamy mascarpone.’
- ‘No need to make a special cheese sauce, simply stir in easy-melt cheeses such as Gorgonzola and mascarpone and some crème fraîche.’
- ‘From now on, I will definitely demand mascarpone (Italian cream cheese) in my tiramisu.’
- ‘Remove from oven and stir in mascarpone and cheddar cheeses and cilantro.’
- ‘Put the cream cheese, mascarpone, caster sugar, eggs and the extra yolk in the basin of a food mixer (you will need the beater attachment).’
- ‘Beat butter and mascarpone in a bowl until mixed, add sugar, vanilla and cornstarch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.