1A flat, round-toed shoe for women and girls, with a single strap across the top.
- ‘This Mary Jane style with a buckle and thin sole is one of our most popular styles.’
- ‘Mary Jane shoes are widely worn by women of all ages.’
- ‘We found her a dark green dress with fringe at the ends and some Mary Janes to go with it.’
- ‘Lately I've seen some incredibly sexy styles reminiscent of a Mary Jane, but with an ankle strap and wedge heels that might be better for skirts.’
- ‘With a feminine, retro look and a just a bit of funk, these pretty Mary Jane pumps can be used to dress up a pair of jeans and are equally at home with one of this season's long, flowing skirts.’
- ‘Today, I will begin to withhold smoking pot, and replace pot with something else that gives me pleasure. I will miss Mary Jane very much, but I know quitting is the right thing to do.’
- ‘There, you can have all the women you want, do some Mary Jane, drink beer, have fun, its an awesome place, dude.’
- ‘She had written four bestselling novels at the time, but she was once a Mary Jane addict, and bought drugs off the streets.’
- ‘Mary Jane, sweet as her name sounds, is far from innocuous, causing more lung damage than its evil cousin, tobacco.’
1920s: from the female given name Mary Jane.