One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The political and economic theories of Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, later developed by their followers to form the basis for the theory and practice of communism.
- ‘When he did this the petitioner also handed him a pamphlet on Marxism and Trotskyism.’
- ‘Such forms of struggle have a role to play, but they are not a substitute for the explicit fight for Marxism.’
- ‘It also provides an accessible introduction to an under-explored area in the development of Marxism.’
- ‘We'd like to think that there's a whole lot more to socialism, and to Marxism, than that.’
- ‘Above all he patiently passed on his knowledge of Marxism and the revolutionary tradition to groups of younger people.’
- ‘And this characteristic of Marxism is a universal truth, unaffected by culture.’
- ‘That turned people my age to more social issues, to reading books, to more radical ideas, to Marxism.’
- ‘I had learned a little about Marxism in a course on the economics of health care.’
- ‘Does this account for the stagnation in Marxism doctrine which has been noticeable for a good many years?’
- ‘That strategy was essential for the growth of socialism and Marxism in Scotland.’
- ‘In reality, he lost any connection to Bolshevism and Marxism many decades before he died.’
- ‘It is based, of course, on a complete rejection of Marxism and genuine socialism.’
- ‘The novel focuses on the conflicts between atheism and theism, Leninism and Marxism.’
- ‘Here he continued the struggle to apply Marxism in an analysis of contemporary capitalism.’
- ‘The other option was to go back to a theory like Marxism which aims to be all-inclusive.’
- ‘For Lenin, Marxism was not a dogma but a tool for change - and so was the party.’
- ‘Trotsky soon learnt that there was more to Marxism than that, but he always used it creatively to analyse new problems.’
- ‘So many young people learned about Marxism and the revolutionary tradition from discussions with him.’
- ‘A genuine unity of theory and practice may require a greater unity of Marxism and liberal equality.’
- ‘Engels was the lifelong collaborator of Karl Marx and systematizer of Marxism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.