One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
excellent, wonderful, marvellous, magnificent, superb, splendid, glorious, sublime, lovely, delightful, first-class, first-rate, outstandingView synonyms
- ‘The magazine, as usual, does a marvy job at summing things up.’
- ‘‘Well this is a marvy idea,’ she said sarcastically.’
- ‘In case you need any more convincing, here's a marvy interview with the author, as well as an excerpt.’
- ‘Sounds like you guys have/had a really nice one against many odds, with lots of marvy memories.’
- ‘The two of us are having a marvy old time sitting around discussing everything from the current U.S political scene to his old associate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.