Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for four-o'clock
- ‘For a balanced development, it is best to position the The marvel of Peru in a place where it is exposed to at least a few hours of direct sunlight.’
- ‘The four o'clock Flower is also commonly known as the "Marvel of Peru"; Mirabilis jalapa is a tuberous rooted, small herbaceous shrub about 50 cm in height.’
- ‘They came to European gardens from South America in the 16th century, and were known as marvel-of-Peru.’
- ‘Marvel of Peru comes in different colors ranging from yellow, orange, pink and red and from the very range of colors which are all bright you can imagine how fascinating and charming they would look in any arrangement they contain.’
- ‘The marvel of Peru is usually grown as a half-hardy annual in temperate zones, it flowers freely in its first year.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.