One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for water measurer
- ‘The elongate head of the marsh treader also differs from the relatively short head of the water scorpion.’
- ‘Marsh treaders are fairly common and have been found throughout the world.’
- ‘Unlike their fast cousins, the water striders, marsh treaders can walk very slowly on the water's surface. As a result, they seem to hunt in slow motion.’
- ‘Marsh treaders are also referred to as water measurers. They are semi-aquatic, because they skate over the surface of slow-moving water.’
- ‘Maybe spider or marsh treader are better experts in practical relativity effects, because they're able to estimate the location and speed of objects just using a transversal mechanical waves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.