One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Marry a rich person.
- ‘The saying, ‘A good marriage is better than a good job,’ which means one can enjoy a better life by marrying money than finding a job and working hard, has gained more support among people, especially among women.’
- ‘What she had been able to gather though was that the man had married money and built it into an empire.’
- ‘She married money - her husband is a former banker who became a wealthy real estate developer - and the family fortune makes her the richest member of the delegation.’
- ‘His father and elder brother intended he should marry money, and conspired with the Moor family in Jamaica to unite him with Brenda.’
- ‘Lady Sara's personal fortune is considerably diminished after paying the debts of her brother, and she feels she must marry money, in the person of the chilly but wealthy Mr Bracket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.