Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Those who rush impetuously into marriage may spend a long time regretting having done so.
- ‘On a more domestic note, the old refrain, marry in haste, repent at leisure strikes a chord.’
- ‘You know what they say - marry in haste, repent at leisure.’
- ‘‘In wartime you didn't waste a lot of time. We got a lot of comments like ‘marry in haste, repent at leisure’ but none of that happened.’’
- ‘Give your relationship time to mature before making a life-long commitment. Keep in mind the old saying, "Marry in haste, repent in leisure."’
- ‘"Marry in haste, repent at leisure" is a good saying to keep you watchful and aware.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.