One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Those who rush impetuously into marriage may spend a long time regretting having done so.
- ‘On a more domestic note, the old refrain, marry in haste, repent at leisure strikes a chord.’
- ‘You know what they say - marry in haste, repent at leisure.’
- ‘"Marry in haste, repent at leisure" is a good saying to keep you watchful and aware.’
- ‘‘In wartime you didn't waste a lot of time. We got a lot of comments like ‘marry in haste, repent at leisure’ but none of that happened.’’
- ‘Give your relationship time to mature before making a life-long commitment. Keep in mind the old saying, "Marry in haste, repent in leisure."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.