One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Those who rush impetuously into marriage may spend a long time regretting having done so.
- ‘"Marry in haste, repent at leisure" is a good saying to keep you watchful and aware.’
- ‘On a more domestic note, the old refrain, marry in haste, repent at leisure strikes a chord.’
- ‘Give your relationship time to mature before making a life-long commitment. Keep in mind the old saying, "Marry in haste, repent in leisure."’
- ‘You know what they say - marry in haste, repent at leisure.’
- ‘‘In wartime you didn't waste a lot of time. We got a lot of comments like ‘marry in haste, repent at leisure’ but none of that happened.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.