One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A single untoward remark or social misstep by any family member can sink a prospective marriage; failed negotiations in turn put the family reputation - and thus the marriageability of every family member - at risk.’
- ‘Circumcision is a way of protecting propriety, morality, and marriageability.’
- ‘They kept it quiet because they thought it could affect the marriageability of other women in the family.’
- ‘This is the only function that is sex specific and thus essentially relates to the sex of the hero and his marriageability.’
- ‘Intellectual pursuits were considered as threatening a girl's femininity and potential marriageability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.