One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An offer of marriage.‘she turned down several marriage proposals’
- ‘You're still not sore about me rejecting your marriage proposal are you?’
- ‘She is just nineteen but already we have received many marriage proposals for her.’
- ‘For her to say yes to a marriage proposal is amazing.’
- ‘Georges ends that affair, however, when newly widowed Madeleine accepts his marriage proposal.’
- ‘I received hundreds of letters from viewers - even marriage proposals, particularly from America.’
- ‘I had a marriage proposal on Twitter!’
- ‘Somehow, she always dreamed that her marriage proposal would be sweeter, more romantically stated.’
- ‘She thought he was so handsome, and brave, and she just wished he had responded even once to one of her marriage proposals.’
- ‘A woman scorned, Takiora refused to help him and turned down his marriage proposal.’
- ‘But so far so good; they've dated, hit it off, and she's accepted his marriage proposal.’
- ‘The rapid culmination of their love affair is a surprise marriage proposal, completing the whirlwind romance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.