One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The situation in which same-sex couples have the same legal right to marry as opposite-sex couples.‘he has been a long-time supporter of marriage equality’
- ‘One of the earliest supporters of marriage equality, he lobbied the State House in support of the freedom to marry.’
- ‘Though the struggle is far from over, today is a pivotal step forward in the ongoing fight for marriage equality.’
- ‘The actor has been at the forefront of the marriage equality debate.’
- ‘Marriage equality is the constitutional civil rights issue of this decade.’
- ‘She's asking couples how marriage equality has positively changed their lives and what it would mean to have nationwide marriage equality.’
- ‘The struggle for marriage equality is not new - but it is now more visible.’
- ‘When a few Hawaiians began to push for marriage equality in the early 1990s most gay men and lesbians - including the largest activist groups - scoffed at such a thought.’
- ‘Revelers were all smiles as they proudly waved rainbow colored flags, held up signs supporting marriage equality and hugged their loved ones tightly!’
- ‘A rally was held outside Boston's City Hall in favor of marriage equality.’
- ‘Many lesbian and gay grandparents have been working for full marriage equality for more than 25 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.