One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formal agreement between two people to enter into a marriage.‘a betrothal in those days was as binding as a marriage contract’
- ‘A bond dated November 28, 1582 stated that William Shakespeare and Anne Hathaway entered into a marriage contract.’
- ‘On the basis of a marriage contract, the Habsburgs claimed the Hungarian throne.’
- ‘Marriage contracts and ceremonies are the affairs of families and not of individuals.’
- ‘Prenuptial agreements are now harder to break than marriage contracts.’
- ‘Antony had married Octavian's sister but had also formed some sort of marriage contract with Cleopatra.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.