One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A formal agreement between two people to enter into a marriage.‘a betrothal in those days was as binding as a marriage contract’
- ‘Prenuptial agreements are now harder to break than marriage contracts.’
- ‘A bond dated November 28, 1582 stated that William Shakespeare and Anne Hathaway entered into a marriage contract.’
- ‘On the basis of a marriage contract, the Habsburgs claimed the Hungarian throne.’
- ‘Antony had married Octavian's sister but had also formed some sort of marriage contract with Cleopatra.’
- ‘Marriage contracts and ceremonies are the affairs of families and not of individuals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.