One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman skilled in shooting, especially with a pistol or rifle.
marksman, shooter, riflemanView synonyms
- ‘Moments earlier, Cashel's ace markswoman had pointed an equaliser and it seemed a replay beckoned.’
- ‘Annie Oakley, a survivor of battery, whipping, torture, starving, freezing, and repeated, brutal rape at the hands of a foster father, became internationally famous for her skill as a markswoman.’
- ‘My favorite video shows a competitive markswoman whose response to the e-mail was to shoot it up.’
- ‘Her silver medal in three-position rifle at the 1976 Olympic Games made her the first markswoman in history to win an Olympic medal.’
- ‘The desire to have such equipment in Orkney was prompted by the success of the visually impaired markswoman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.