One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The value of an asset based on the price that would be paid for it if it were sold at a certain time.‘after a wildly successful IPO last week, the company is the talk of the town with a market valuation to match’
- ‘To justify a market valuation of £75b, I think GSK needs to deliver profits of around £6b.’
- ‘At the top are several large companies with market valuations of billions of dollars.’
- ‘On a single day in mid-October the CEO saw his company's stock lose a whopping $55 billion in market valuation.’
- ‘The advent of the Internet resulted in several giddy gold rush years, in which companies that couldn't boast a cent of earnings saw their market valuations soar.’
- ‘More cash means more pressure for speedy growth and acquisitions while the money's available and market valuations are high.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.