One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The value of a company that is traded on the stock market, calculated by multiplying the total number of shares by the present share price.‘the company had seen its stock price soar, giving the whole enterprise a market capitalization of more than $20 billion’
- ‘Some high-tech companies that are declining in market capitalization or stock value have great products.’
- ‘The site says it is "home to about 3,000 companies worth nearly $16 trillion in global market capitalization."’
- ‘"Momentum is building for them to gain greater market share and market capitalization," says Burroughs.’
- ‘Stock holders get an unrealistic view of the company's worth when they look at the market capitalization.’
- ‘By the middle of 2002, telecoms shares had lost 95 per cent of their value; some $2.5 trillion of market capitalisation had gone up in smoke.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.