One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pine tree with long thick needles and clustered cones, native to the coasts of the Mediterranean and Iberia.
Pinus pinaster, family Pinaceae
- ‘Drought differentially affects expression of a PR - 10 protein, in needles of maritime pine (Pinus pinaster Ait.) seedlings.’
- ‘Lemoine et al. found a decrease in concentrations of N, P and K in stemwood, from the top of the stem to a height of 2 m, for maritime pine (Pinus pinaster Ait.).’
- ‘This antioxidant flavonoid is an extract from the bark of the French maritime pine tree.’
- ‘The same 10 homologous linkage groups were identified between loblolly pine and maritime pine.’
- ‘The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of aerial architecture on the dynamic characteristics of young maritime pines (Pinus pinaster Ait.) using a mechanistic approach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.