One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of Christian theology dealing with the Virgin Mary.
- ‘I was surprised that, in making her case, she did not mention the rococo Mariology of Grignion de Montfort and his devotees - a form of devotionalism alive today and somewhat favored by the pope and others on the Marian right.’
- ‘Since Vatican II, there have been attempts to amplify a kind of Mariology the council itself was anxious to rein in, namely, a type of Marian speculation detached from roots in the saving mysteries of Christ.’
- ‘Because I have been working recently on the origin of Mariology in relation to Christian views of womanhood, the books I have read over the last few months have been chiefly about women.’
- ‘The sacred marriage motif has had an enormous impact through the centuries, not only in ecclesiology, but also in Mariology and the theology and spirituality of vowed religious life.’
- ‘At the shrine itself, and in the devotions surrounding the mandatory baths, the principle that Mariology is Christology could not have been more explicit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.