One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Provide with a margin or border; form a border to.
- ‘Damaged endothelial cells secrete p-selectin, e-selectin, intracellular adhesion molecules and vascular cell adhesion molecules that induce monocytes to marginate, roll, and adhere to endothelial surfaces.’
- ‘Magnetic resonance imaging showed a 2.5-cm, smoothly marginated, ovoid mass that did not have the signal characteristics typical for benign adenoma or myelolipoma.’
- ‘Sharply marginated secondary lobules may be seen in infection and hemorrhage.’
- ‘The left and right diaphragm appear as sharply marginated domes.’
- ‘Other cells such as macrophages and/or marginated neutrophils, which are known to have a high NADPH oxidase activity, could also contribute to the lung oxidant burden that takes place during the ischemic storage.’
Having a distinct margin or border.
- ‘The trunk tergites have a pair of slightly curved longitudinal paramedian sutures, and more posterior tergites are marginate with a ridge along the lateral margin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.