One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I became very conscious of the marginality of teacher educators in the eyes of heads of schools when I was a senior lecturer in an English college of education.’
- ‘We associate marginality with self-consciousness, with the possibility of critical distance; the outsider becomes a sociologist.’
- ‘We have never acknowledged, let alone reconciled ourselves to, the marginality and passivity of our position in modern times.’
- ‘They found a way to combine the economic interests of publishers, bookstores, and poets to overcome the financial marginality of serious literature.’
- ‘But he says it is futile to try and start a leftist party out of ‘small groups condemned to marginality.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.