One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But he says it is futile to try and start a leftist party out of ‘small groups condemned to marginality.’’
- ‘They found a way to combine the economic interests of publishers, bookstores, and poets to overcome the financial marginality of serious literature.’
- ‘We associate marginality with self-consciousness, with the possibility of critical distance; the outsider becomes a sociologist.’
- ‘I became very conscious of the marginality of teacher educators in the eyes of heads of schools when I was a senior lecturer in an English college of education.’
- ‘We have never acknowledged, let alone reconciled ourselves to, the marginality and passivity of our position in modern times.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.