One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The value gained from either consuming or producing one additional unit of a good or service.‘the marginal value to him of an extra acre would be less than its price’‘you can add smart people to a team to get increased output, although at decreasing marginal values’
- ‘Expectations for use of Internet resources must be justified by added marginal value to the instructional activity.’
- ‘The marginal value of the second sock is a matching pair of socks.’
- ‘The marginal value of membership clearly was less than the fee increase for about 400 former members.’
- ‘He showed that the use of money was determined by marginal value, just as the use of any other good.’
- ‘Older women place a very high marginal value on their health.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.