One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The benefit gained from consuming one additional unit of a good or service.‘the value of corn for this farmer would be determined by its marginal utility’
- ‘Gold is the monetary metal par excellence because it has constant marginal utility.’
- ‘Students can better understand diminishing marginal utility when a student is allowed to eat all of the chocolate cookies they want and stops eating at some point even though the cookies are free.’
- ‘There is a diminishing marginal utility of savings to any wealth holder, meaning the more you have, the less you need more.’
- ‘Its marginal utility tops off after about 10 listens.’
- ‘Only with the use of money is it possible to compare the marginal utility of goods in all alternative employments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.