Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The time of the annual NCAA college basketball tournament, generally throughout the month of March.
- ‘To put them out on the eve of March Madness is a major risk, especially considering the tournament provides the NCAA with more than 90 percent of its operating budget.’
- ‘General interest in teams wanes, unlike in college basketball, where March Madness creates recognizable teams and players out of the little guys.’
- ‘But here are a few others who were caught up in hockey's version of March Madness last week and have renewed opportunity with another team.’
- ‘The emotional highs and lows, the busted brackets - no one can blame you if college basketball season becomes one big blur by the time March Madness is over.’
- ‘And because March Madness is a collegiate event, it ensures that the passion will not be lost amongst the fans.’
- ‘Another sport, basketball, has one period that is also especially big for beer, Patrick finds, the NCAA tournament or March Madness.’
- ‘Additional versions of the ads will appear during the NBA All-Star Game and March Madness, the two preeminent basketball events of the year.’
- ‘Everyone talks about March Madness in college basketball.’
- ‘Just as March Madness draws to a close, student athletes will again be the center of national attention, this time for their academic and civic achievement.’
- ‘Ncaa basketball's March Madness is only a few months away (I think it starts in April).’
- ‘Is it too early to get psyched for March Madness?…’
- ‘Matchups will drive you mad during March Madness.’
- ‘No surprise, the vast majority wanted to rip me for even suggesting that the NBA playoffs could compare with March Madness.’
- ‘College basketball's championship tournament is known as March Madness, but things really get crazy in the business of amateur hoops in July.’
- ‘Then there is March Madness, the one-loss-and-you're out NCAA Tournament, which is unmatched in its excitement and intensity in the entire sports universe.’
- ‘But wouldn't it be wonderful - wouldn't it be the stuff that makes March Madness the glorious madness it is?’
- ‘Until late February starts the drumbeat for March Madness, college basketball suffers from a national identity crisis.’
- ‘You could wind down, let all that postseason drama fade away and focus on upcoming events, like the NBA All-Star game, March Madness and spring training.’
- ‘It wasn't March Madness, but it's doubtful there ever has been a better two-day stretch in November for college basketball.’
- ‘Considering it's the heart of March Madness and closing in on opening day in baseball, I'll give the Vegas boys a break on the time delay.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.