Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to St. Mark or the Gospel ascribed to him.
- ‘Prior to the seventh century we had much of the Marcan material covered in the traditional commentaries on the other Gospels.’
- ‘Finally, the relationship between the gospel of Mark and the Marcan traditions is considered.’
- ‘On this view, known as the Proto-Luke hypothesis, Q and L traditions formed the basis of Luke's gospel; Marcan traditions were added later as supplementary material.’
- ‘While this conclusion is not likely to compel universal assent, it is an option that deserves more notice in Marcan interpretation.’
- ‘His own first book was on the Marcan passion and resurrection.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.