One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Indic language spoken mainly in the western Indian state of Maharashtra.
- ‘I don't know modern young metropolitan women, I'd say we don't have any writers in Marathi who've written about them.’
- ‘It is a pleasant amalgam of Persian, Arabic, Marathi, and Hindustani with Konkani as its base.’
- ‘However, most Congressmen who spoke Marathi insisted on a separate Maharashtra State.’
- ‘This segment of the festival had several local groups perform in four languages - English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati.’
- ‘Kannada films are sure to perish like Marathi, Oriya and others if other language films are not restricted.’
- ‘Most of the officers I trained there speak only Marathi, a language spoken in Maharashtra.’
- ‘The plays were in Hindi, English, Marathi and Gujarati.’
- ‘Telugu, Marathi, Hindi, Urdu and English are dear to him.’
- ‘Outside the area, the term Maratha loosely identifies people who speak Marathi.’
- ‘And can also speak Gujarati, Parsi, English, Hindi and Marathi.’
- ‘He filled his days with Hindustani, Marathi and Persian, passing army exams.’
- ‘It had only ‘Maharashtrian’ boys and naturally all the swayamsevaks used to speak only Marathi.’
- ‘Kannada too has always borrowed from Sanskrit, Prakrit, Marathi, Parsi, Arabic, and so on at various points.’
- ‘Going forward, the channel proposes to beam programs in six languages, including Marathi.’
- ‘Besides, his novels have been translated in different languages such as Hindi, Marathi etc.’
- ‘Nagarkar has written in Marathi and is firmly bilingual.’
- ‘Shantaram is set to be translated into Marathi this year.’
- ‘A versatile linguist, he has acted in every major regional language including Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi and Telegu.’
- ‘Once more the Elijah prayer is inscribed in Marathi (the local language used near Bombay) on the lower border of the image.’
- ‘But he was unable to speak or write Marathi and fellow students taunted him.’
Relating to Marathi.
Marathi, from Marāṭhā Maratha.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.