One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An operation that associates each element of a given set (the domain) with one or more elements of a second set (the range).
- ‘He worked on the theory of continuous mappings of topological spaces.’
- ‘Another area which Suvorov worked on was the theory of conformal mappings and quasi-formal mappings.’
- ‘In his analysis of motion verbs, Langacker has focused, not on metaphorical mappings between domains, but on abstract conceptual structures which are schematic for different domains.’
- ‘His doctoral thesis is an important contribution to conformal mappings of multiply connected plane domains.’
- ‘He discovered characterisations of topological mappings of the Cartesian plane and a number of fixed point theorems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.