One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She sees the surfeit of green as an opportunity, but she does not see her opportunity as an effect of map-making and map-reading practices that have wider geopolitical implications.’
- ‘The first step in scientific map-making, all earlier attempts were more enthusiastic than accurate.’
- ‘Knowing that Chinese rulers especially respected the mathematical sciences, he studied them diligently and became proficient at map-making and astronomy.’
- ‘To acknowledge the subjectivity of his map-making, Pam renames the continent.’
- ‘Having reached the limit of Mediterranean traditions of navigation and map-making, the Portuguese employed the services of Jewish scholars to calculate the position of the sun, moon, and stars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.