One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Syrup produced from the sap of certain maples, especially the sugar maple.
- ‘Plain buttermilk pancakes drenched in maple syrup are still one of the favourite Canadian breakfast foods.’
- ‘Some medicines can be mixed with chocolate or maple syrup to encourage children to take the entire dosage.’
- ‘In a medium mixing-bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, maple syrup and heavy cream.’
- ‘Try the French toast with maple syrup and blueberry and apple compote or smoked ham and maple syrup.’
- ‘The chef finally plopped a pair of pancakes and a side of bacon at Adrian's table and offered a cup of maple syrup and butter.’
- ‘Serve with warm maple syrup, or strawberry sauce, or just munch on it plain.’
- ‘Add the apricots, hazelnuts, maple syrup, and lemon juice and sauté until warmed through.’
- ‘Next it was an apple and cinnamon waffle with maple syrup, strawberry sauce and pecan nuts.’
- ‘In a wheat-free egg-free diet there really is no room for French toast and maple syrup.’
- ‘To this day, maple syrup remains a major regional product in North America.’
- ‘What I actually have is either American style pancakes with maple syrup or French toast.’
- ‘Add a crepe and coat evenly on one side with maple syrup, slightly caramelizing.’
- ‘When I start eating unrefined sugars again I'm going to make buckwheat pancakes with maple syrup.’
- ‘Nearly twice as sweet as white sugar, maple syrup adds rich flavor and trace minerals to nearly any recipe.’
- ‘Add the garlic, maple syrup, cinnamon, rosemary, and sherry vinegar and bring to a boil.’
- ‘Place the maple syrup, cream and butter into a small pan and simmer over a medium heat till slightly thickened, stirring from time to time.’
- ‘My salmon's light dressing of balsamic with maple syrup also was rather special.’
- ‘Americans like to anoint butternut with molasses or maple syrup before baking, but what's the point?’
- ‘One of the women asks the kids to get some maple syrup and some cheese for dinner, and to stop by the other home to borrow a big lasagna pan.’
- ‘If any of you are in Jersey City stop by for some sharp cheddar and maple syrup.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.