One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Throughout this distinguished progress, Kermode the Manxman has preserved a certain distance and difference from the English establishment and its habitual attitudes.’
- ‘Higgins will be heading to the Island to win, and the team are looking forward to being able to work closely with the Manxman to optimise the set up of the Skoda for the bumpy Manx country lanes.’
- ‘‘Not the best way to start a rally,’ the 29-year-old Manxman said.’
- ‘Another, a Manxman, exercising the oracular privilege which maritime tradition allowed to seamen of his nation, contradicts this by declaring that if Ahab's corpse is ever examined, this livid line will be found to be a birthmark.’
- ‘Championship leader David Higgins will start the event as Jonny's main rival, as the Manxman looks to continue his fierce battle with the Team Dynamics backed outfit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.