Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Prefabricated houses that are constructed in a factory and then assembled at the building site in modular sections.
- ‘‘The delinquencies are the same as they've ever been, and yet Green Tree had been making a profit financing manufactured housing for 25 years,’ he says.’
- ‘For its development of a 44-site manufactured housing park that incorporates EnergyStar-rated homes and appliances, the Fund was awarded a $50,000 grant as winner of the 2006 Housing Heroes Award from Citizens Bank New Hampshire.’
- ‘A 1985 HUD regulation covering the use of pressed wood products in manufactured housing was designed to ensure that indoor levels are below 0.4 ppm.’
- ‘Beyond that, the city could become a center for manufactured housing with several native industries already here, including the raw materials imported through the Port of New Orleans.’
- ‘What would be the result if affordable, sustainable design became an important element in communities, city housing services, and manufactured housing organizations across the country?’
- ‘I am preparing a 5 acre plot for a manufactured housing community and I am wondering how many homes are the legal limit per acre and what else is required to establish such a community.’
- ‘They invited architects to exploit the potential of user-responsive customization of manufactured housing so that architects can benefit from the economies of such factory-based construction.’
- ‘By 1996, Champion was the number two company in both the mid-size motor coach and manufactured housing industries.’
- ‘And with a $30 billion managed portfolio of subprime manufactured housing, home equity, and Credit card loans, the company has been no small player in the risk market.’
- ‘More consumers are turning to manufactured housing as a cheaper option than conventional-style homes.’
- ‘I started using them in my classes, having students take old trailers and manufactured housing and rework them.’
- ‘He holds patents in manufactured housing systems.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.