One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The crime of killing a human being without malice aforethought, or otherwise in circumstances not amounting to murder.‘the defendant was convicted of manslaughter’
killing, murderView synonyms
- ‘Whether an offender deserves to be convicted of murder or manslaughter is for the jury to determine.’
- ‘Any person who intentionally kills another may be prosecuted for murder or manslaughter.’
- ‘The most serious offences which Mary may be charged with are murder and manslaughter.’
- ‘The Ministry of Defence should be charged with unlawful killing, manslaughter or murder.’
- ‘It is suggested that such a defendant should be regarded as being guilty of manslaughter and not murder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.