One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A male nanny.‘my husband would like us to hire a manny for our two boys’
- ‘Now it's mannies who not only serve as a caregiver to high profile children, but also serve as male role models who keep up with active, outdoors-loving kids.’
- ‘But for security, she brought her kids and manny.’
- ‘Male nannies, or ‘mannies’, are becoming increasingly popular with parents in London and the United States looking for a positive male role model for their children.’
- ‘But the rest of us are stilling asking, are mannies as good at child care as nannies?’
- ‘And while it's possible for nannies and mannies to earn the same amount of money, professional experience is still highly valued and is reflected in pay.’
1990s: blend of man and nanny.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.