One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The number of people engaged in or required for work in a firm or industry.‘the site is operating with reduced manning levels’
- ‘These companies implemented significant reductions in manning levels and basic safety programs.’
- ‘Progress towards the manning levels target remained unsatisfactory, despite some improvement in 2002.’
- ‘The agreement contains no minimum manning levels, the right to employ casual labour, and management control over hiring and firing.’
- ‘Implementation of the new standards and manning levels commenced on Monday last and will be completed over the next four weeks.’
- ‘Redundancies and lower manning levels have called forth the need for more flexible job descriptions so that fewer employees can cover all the previous jobs.’
- ‘Depending on existing manning levels, deployments may have made it difficult to cover specialist support requirements.’
- ‘In addition, the union dropped a demand for maintaining certain minimum manning levels for some operations.’
- ‘He tapped in to a groundswell of community concern with police manning levels at Papamoa when he said that National would bolster frontline police in the Bay.’
- ‘Full-time manning levels must be raised to 100 percent of requirements.’
- ‘Agenda item 8 is a review of the principles for establishing the safe manning levels of ships.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.