One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Ava was sensual and alluring, if manipulatively cold.’
- ‘The entertainment industry can force you to work among people who are boldly critical and manipulatively negative.’
- ‘You embarked upon this course of conduct deliberately and manipulatively to force the university to give a higher assessment.’
- ‘Manipulatively dealing with another adult is not like manipulatively dealing with a little child.’
- ‘Of course among people there are all sorts of distortions of freedom - it is used manipulatively, coercively, selfishly, maliciously, ignorantly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.