One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘You start laughing raucously, almost manically.’
- ‘Simon, while ostensibly calm, is pacing rather manically.’
- ‘As firelight flickers across his craggy face and sweat runs down his ample forehead, you can bet he's laughing manically.’
- ‘Last year I tried staying manically busy, and that didn't work.’
- ‘The cast change costumes, accents and personas manically and heroically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.