One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organized search for a person, especially a criminal.
- ‘One of North Yorkshire's biggest police manhunts was launched.’
- ‘Police have launched a manhunt and believe the crimes may be linked, after witnesses gave similar descriptions for the offender.’
- ‘Detectives have launched a manhunt after two men burst into the home of a young mother and threatened to harm her newborn baby.’
- ‘Police chiefs heading the manhunt have urged the bank to think seriously about agreeing to such an option.’
- ‘Meanwhile the hunt for those responsible intensified with Scotland Yard engaged in one of the force's biggest ever manhunts.’
- ‘The murderer was shot dead by police after a four-day manhunt, according to a report in the Southern Weekend.’
- ‘A major manhunt was launched and detectives made numerous appeals in a bid to catch the culprit.’
- ‘Police continued a manhunt in the area, but by late yesterday the attacker had not been arrested.’
- ‘A nationwide manhunt was then launched to trace her husband, who had not been seen since the previous weekend.’
- ‘Cheshire Police have now launched a manhunt and stepped up police patrols in the town, with officers warning women to be vigilant.’
- ‘She managed to escape and report the attack to police, sparking one of the biggest manhunts in Australian history.’
- ‘Although police launched a huge manhunt and interviewed hundreds of people, his killers were never brought to justice.’
- ‘A police manhunt has been launched, with divers dredging a reservoir in Belfast.’
- ‘December 2, 1993, marked the end of one of the longest, bloodiest and most corrupt manhunts in history.’
- ‘Her father reported her flight and a police manhunt was launched.’
- ‘The find sparked a manhunt with 15 police officers, dog teams and the force helicopter scouring the area.’
- ‘Police in Cheshire and north Wales launched a massive manhunt but failed to locate the car in time.’
- ‘The driver of their vehicle escaped from the scene and is now the subject of a police manhunt.’
- ‘So ended one of the biggest and most maddening manhunts in history.’
- ‘He said the police believe the suspect was working with one or two other people and have launched a manhunt for them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.