A mineral consisting of manganese oxyhydroxide, typically occurring as steel-gray or black prisms.
- ‘Museum-quality specimens of manganite have been collected from the Taylor mine for many years and can be seen in collections around the world.’
- ‘There are exceptions, such as German manganite.’
- ‘It never occurs as a free element, but only in ores such as pyrolusite, manganite, psilomelane, and rhodochrosite.’
- ‘As mentioned above, the manganite produced by the present invention may also be air-oxidized to produce manganese dioxide.’
- ‘When incorporated in Yardney's medium-sized lithium-air battery, the larger particles gave higher specific capacity, which corresponds to about a 38% increase in specific energy of the battery when compared to a battery where no manganite was incorporated.’