One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Every place near is filled with the sound of a loud trumpet, so the report of your manfulness is loud.’
- ‘In the shade of its flourishing growth he stood with braced and self-confident legs, and allowed no thoughts of his own to keep him from an attitude of manfulness.’
- ‘Kindness, sobriety, manfulness, courage, morality, intelligence, religion, and duty mark her destiny.’
- ‘The first requisite of life is courage or manfulness, gained through conflict with evil.’
- ‘When the plane makes a second fly over and unleashes a hail of lead he refuses to move, manfulness futilely proven as weeping friends gather round his broken body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.