One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white compound used as a fungicidal powder on vegetables and fruit.
Alternative name: manganese ethylene bisdithiocarbamate; chemical formula: C₄H₆N₂S₄Mn
- ‘The commonly used fungicides are maneb, mancozeb, daconil and copper-oxychloride.’
- ‘The products included in this re-evaluation are fungicides that contain the active ingredient maneb.’
- ‘Researchers also show that low levels of maneb, a fungicide commonly used in farming, can injure the antioxidant system in those same types of cells.’
- ‘The Rochester team studied the effects of a mixture of two common agrochemicals, the herbicide paraquat and the fungicide maneb.’
- ‘Finally, the manufacturer of the fungicide maneb has voluntarily withdrawn support for any homeowner uses of this fungicide.’
From elements of the name man(ganese) e(thylene) b(isdithiocarbamate).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.