One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white compound used as a fungicidal powder on vegetables and fruit.
Alternative name: manganese ethylene bisdithiocarbamate; chemical formula: C₄H₆N₂S₄Mn
- ‘Researchers also show that low levels of maneb, a fungicide commonly used in farming, can injure the antioxidant system in those same types of cells.’
- ‘The Rochester team studied the effects of a mixture of two common agrochemicals, the herbicide paraquat and the fungicide maneb.’
- ‘Finally, the manufacturer of the fungicide maneb has voluntarily withdrawn support for any homeowner uses of this fungicide.’
- ‘The commonly used fungicides are maneb, mancozeb, daconil and copper-oxychloride.’
- ‘The products included in this re-evaluation are fungicides that contain the active ingredient maneb.’
From elements of the name man(ganese) e(thylene) b(isdithiocarbamate).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.