One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yet the actual morphology of mandibles is very different, a result of distinct mandibulate and haustellate modifications.’
- ‘Insects are mandibulate, not chelicerate arthropods, like spiders.’
- ‘In addition, we have been studying the orthologous genes in the red flour beetle, which has relatively unspecialized mandibulate mouthparts.’
- ‘In mandibulate development, which is considered to be the ancestral form, the labial and maxillary appendages develop along similar if not identical paths producing articulated appendages.’
- ‘Delayed induced effects have been studied almost exclusively with mandibulate insects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.