One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Manchuria or its people.‘a prominent specialist on Manchurian archaeology and history’
- ‘He drove north towards the Manchurian border.’
- ‘My parents' Manchurian pear trees are now in full bloom and surrounded by the cheerful drone of bees doing bee-things.’
- ‘Large quantities of imported Manchurian bean cake were stacked about the station.’
A native or inhabitant of Manchuria.‘Manchurians clung to their own cultural traditions’
- ‘Every single actor portrayed as a Manchurian had to take an extensive language course before production in order to accurately portray the language throughout the film.’
- ‘Su and his neighbors are ethnic Manchurians who cultivate crops and raise horses, goats, and pigs.’
- ‘Manchurians and Koreans are the biggest ethnic minorities in the region and have a great impact on local cultures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.