One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Manchuria or its people.‘a prominent specialist on Manchurian archaeology and history’
- ‘My parents' Manchurian pear trees are now in full bloom and surrounded by the cheerful drone of bees doing bee-things.’
- ‘Large quantities of imported Manchurian bean cake were stacked about the station.’
- ‘He drove north towards the Manchurian border.’
A native or inhabitant of Manchuria.‘Manchurians clung to their own cultural traditions’
- ‘Manchurians and Koreans are the biggest ethnic minorities in the region and have a great impact on local cultures.’
- ‘Su and his neighbors are ethnic Manchurians who cultivate crops and raise horses, goats, and pigs.’
- ‘Every single actor portrayed as a Manchurian had to take an extensive language course before production in order to accurately portray the language throughout the film.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.