One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘The limits of a managerialist approach were cruelly exposed in May.’
- ‘During the 1990s, however, it increasingly adopted a managerialist, ‘businesslike’ flavour.’
- ‘A managerialist interpretation of the results would stress that employees experience satisfaction and give commitment regardless of reward, that money and career progression are not everything.’
- ‘Hollowed-out governments were unwilling to question their own managerialist mantras and pushed privatisation as the only way.’
- ‘He observed that the rise of managerialist politics, with its focus on administration and delivery, had left a dangerous vacuum which was increasingly being occupied by politicians with simple solutions for complex problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.