One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computerized information-processing system designed to support the activities of company or organizational management.
- ‘In a bid to strengthen the management information system of co-operative banks, the Reserve Bank of India has set in motion a technical assistance programme.’
- ‘The ‘front end’ of Yarnell Ice Cream Company's management information systems, for example, already has been completely upgraded.’
- ‘Powerful though they are, management information systems do not cover every eventuality, and there is a high requirement for awareness of the possibility of emergent problems and opportunities on the part of employees.’
- ‘Closure of any firm implies losing the value of all assets that are specific to that firm, such as brand recognition, the customer base, management information systems, corporate know-how and so on.’
- ‘There is a new management information system to keep track of student data and a quality system is in place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.