Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A computerized information-processing system designed to support the activities of company or organizational management.
- ‘There is a new management information system to keep track of student data and a quality system is in place.’
- ‘Closure of any firm implies losing the value of all assets that are specific to that firm, such as brand recognition, the customer base, management information systems, corporate know-how and so on.’
- ‘In a bid to strengthen the management information system of co-operative banks, the Reserve Bank of India has set in motion a technical assistance programme.’
- ‘The ‘front end’ of Yarnell Ice Cream Company's management information systems, for example, already has been completely upgraded.’
- ‘Powerful though they are, management information systems do not cover every eventuality, and there is a high requirement for awareness of the possibility of emergent problems and opportunities on the part of employees.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.