One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computerized information-processing system designed to support the activities of company or organizational management.
- ‘Powerful though they are, management information systems do not cover every eventuality, and there is a high requirement for awareness of the possibility of emergent problems and opportunities on the part of employees.’
- ‘Closure of any firm implies losing the value of all assets that are specific to that firm, such as brand recognition, the customer base, management information systems, corporate know-how and so on.’
- ‘There is a new management information system to keep track of student data and a quality system is in place.’
- ‘In a bid to strengthen the management information system of co-operative banks, the Reserve Bank of India has set in motion a technical assistance programme.’
- ‘The ‘front end’ of Yarnell Ice Cream Company's management information systems, for example, already has been completely upgraded.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.