One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A committee that makes decisions about how an organization is run.‘any project is only as successful as its management committee’
- ‘Asked about his successor, he said a new appointment has not been made yet and the stock exchange will be run for the interim by a management committee.’
- ‘The nomination is due to be discussed at a meeting of the bank's management committee.’
- ‘Outside of work, he's volunteered with a number of local environmental and resource management committees.’
- ‘The Namibian Manufacturers Association has elected a new management committee for a two-year term.’
- ‘He called some of his management committee to tell them about the letter.’
- ‘Centres were encouraged to engage in more active contact with management committees of local visiting groups.’
- ‘Unable to agree on a possible deal, the management committee resolved simply to try to improve the firm's operations by better integrating the two businesses.’
- ‘In addition to sitting on the executive management committee, he is co-chair of a risk committee, which approves overall market and credit risk limits.’
- ‘Both men will serve on the company's executive and management committees.’
- ‘He immediately reconstituted the management committee structure he had used to govern the company in his first term, composed of the top seven execs.’
- ‘An eight-person management committee, of which he is a member, runs the company.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.