One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The manageableness of ecclesiastical regulation will be improved.’
- ‘Her sensations throughout, as she subsequently stated, had been of the most pleasing nature; and her manageableness during the operation was as perfect as if she had been a wax doll or a lay figure.’
- ‘The only requisite is manageableness of the ship herself and of the numbers she carries on board.’
- ‘From its beginning, this outlook was reinforced not merely by its appeal in terms of conceptual simplicity and manageableness, but by reason of its tremendous success in the extension of technology and of man's control over the natural order.’
- ‘For wood shields manageableness was a decisive factor; thus they could not exceed a certain size or thickness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.