Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A document forming part of the documentation of a computer system.
- ‘Please see the man page for details.’
- ‘Check out the man page for exact information on the syntax.’
- ‘In some distributions, the man page for this function may be missing.’
- ‘The man page sums this up nicely: ‘Nothing is sent to the system log.’’
- ‘A complete description of these functions is provided in the appropriate man page, so they are presented here only briefly.’
Short for manual page.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.