One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A friendly embrace between two men.‘one of those brief but forceful man hugs’
- ‘He turned the corner from the elevator bank and walked smack into a man hug with the Broncos coach.’
- ‘Any sports win will ignite an orgy of whooping, full-body man hugs.’
- ‘The latest ruling from the NCAA might not have caused a rash of man hugs in the compliance office.’
- ‘The nephew nearly shook his arm off and then pulled him into an embrace, patting his back in a man hug.’
- ‘And then, Luciano and James pull together for a final touching man hug.’
- ‘I wish I was brave enough to come and give him a big man hug and kiss on the cheek.’
- ‘David hands Jeff an envelope then gives him a man hug and shakes his hand.’
- ‘At one point considered inappropriate behavior, the man hug has become a familiar greeting.’
- ‘Even young males are opting for the man hug, a maneuver involving contact with just half of the upper body and one arm.’
- ‘We can all start bracing ourselves for the latest wave of entourages, crisply tailored suits and awkward man hugs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.