One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A friendly embrace between two men.‘one of those brief but forceful man hugs’
- ‘The nephew nearly shook his arm off and then pulled him into an embrace, patting his back in a man hug.’
- ‘At one point considered inappropriate behavior, the man hug has become a familiar greeting.’
- ‘Even young males are opting for the man hug, a maneuver involving contact with just half of the upper body and one arm.’
- ‘David hands Jeff an envelope then gives him a man hug and shakes his hand.’
- ‘He turned the corner from the elevator bank and walked smack into a man hug with the Broncos coach.’
- ‘And then, Luciano and James pull together for a final touching man hug.’
- ‘Any sports win will ignite an orgy of whooping, full-body man hugs.’
- ‘We can all start bracing ourselves for the latest wave of entourages, crisply tailored suits and awkward man hugs.’
- ‘I wish I was brave enough to come and give him a big man hug and kiss on the cheek.’
- ‘The latest ruling from the NCAA might not have caused a rash of man hugs in the compliance office.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.