One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique using X-rays to diagnose and locate tumors of the breasts.
- ‘For others it will involve screening by mammography or colonoscopy.’
- ‘This could be accomplished by having a radiologist present during mammography to review films.’
- ‘This is why we insist on both mammography and physical examination.’
- ‘Early detection through mammography has been a major factor in the dramatic decrease in breast cancer mortality.’
- ‘In the past women have been referred inappropriately for mammography and genetic counselling.’
1930s: from mamma + -graphy.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.