One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The practice of incorporating malware in online advertisements.‘one of the most well-known methods of malvertising is clickjacking’as modifier ‘a virulent malvertising campaign’
- ‘A growing method through which hackers exploit legitimate websites is the placing of malicious adverts, known as malvertising.’
- ‘They are among the websites that fell victim to malvertising, and thus they passed infections on to their readers.’
- ‘The calls come after the malvertising attacks, in which fake ads are placed on well-known sites, reaching millions of people through names they trust.’
- ‘The problem of such malvertising, as it had been dubbed, appears to be spreading.’
- ‘Readers of the world's biggest newspaper website were subjected to a malvertising attack after hackers fraudulently bought advertising space.’
- 1.1 Online advertisements that incorporate or install malware.‘links in the malvertising download ransomware onto the computer of the unwary victim’
- ‘The malvertising was found on a number of prominent and trusted websites.’
- ‘The sites were unknowingly serving up malvertising instead of advertising.’
- ‘We received the malvertising from an ad network tricked into hosting the attack content.’
- ‘The biggest threats on the websites are in the form of malvertising.’
- ‘The data showed that this popular site had malvertising on 5 percent of its pages screened in the past 90 days.’
Early 21st century: blend of malicious and advertising.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.