One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dextrin containing maltose, used as a food additive.
- ‘Frequently, the carbs are in the form of maltodextrin, sugar or dextrose.’
- ‘Protein powders with maltodextrin also make better meal replacements than protein powders that contain sugar or that are free of carbs.’
- ‘You can use Gatorade, dextrose, maltodextrin and water to make up the liquid and sugars.’
- ‘Large amounts of maltodextrin will cause blood sugar levels to rise and drop very quickly, sending messages to your muscle to burn protein for energy.’
- ‘The gel contains a mixture of glucose and maltodextrin - a complex carbohydrate - along with fat and a trace of protein.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.