One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dog of a very small breed, with long white hair.
- ‘He's a proper pedigree white Maltese dog - he deserves somebody younger who can give him the proper love he deserves.’
- ‘The panther had streaked out of the woods where I was taking a friend's small Maltese terrier for a walk.’
- ‘When you wash Maltese dogs, a good shampoo should be used to help maintain the health of the coat.’
- ‘Keep in mind that Maltese terriers are small dogs, and may require extra supervision if you have small children.’
- ‘When firemen entered the apartment, they found a Maltese dog sitting calmly in front of the phone.’
- ‘Like most white dogs, Maltese dogs are prone to tear-staining, small dark brown spots that appear below the eyes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.