One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dog of a very small breed, with long white hair.
- ‘Like most white dogs, Maltese dogs are prone to tear-staining, small dark brown spots that appear below the eyes.’
- ‘The panther had streaked out of the woods where I was taking a friend's small Maltese terrier for a walk.’
- ‘He's a proper pedigree white Maltese dog - he deserves somebody younger who can give him the proper love he deserves.’
- ‘When you wash Maltese dogs, a good shampoo should be used to help maintain the health of the coat.’
- ‘When firemen entered the apartment, they found a Maltese dog sitting calmly in front of the phone.’
- ‘Keep in mind that Maltese terriers are small dogs, and may require extra supervision if you have small children.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.